- Posted on: Aug 10 2018
Celebrities on Instagram and Hollywood’s hottest stars are all talking about a manual skin exfoliation treatment called Dermaplaning.
“Dermaplaning is such a quick and easy treatment for anyone,” says Emily Seipel, one of Kovanda’s aestheticians. “There is no downtime and the benefits of this treatment are amazing.” Andrea Meidl is another one of Kovanda’s aestheticians you can book this 15-minute treatment with.
Dermaplaning involves the swift brushing away of the top layer of dead skin as well as any soft vellus hair on your face. This is done with a sterile scalpel blade and a steady hand.
This treatment is so much more than shaving your face. A standard razor removes only hair. Dermaplaning goes beyond this by stripping the dull barrier of dry skin that prevents your skin from showing its natural glow. It is also a great alternative to waxing by avoiding irritation, pigmentation, and sensitivity.
Benefits of Dermaplaning
- Products are better able to penetrate lower skin layers and pores when the top layer of dead skin is removed
- Removes soft vellus hair
- Deeply exfoliates skin
- Improves the smooth texture of skin
- With consistent treatments you can see hair grow back less quickly
- Hairs will not grow back darker or thicker, contrary to the common myth
- Gives skin a natural glow
- Improves application of makeup, making it go on more smoothly and evenly
- Fights acne by opening pores that were clogged by dead skin
- Boosts results of other treatments offered at Kovanda
- No downtime and immediate, painless results (the treatment feels like a cat’s lick!)
Results typically last 4-6 weeks depending on how you care for your skin in-between treatments. With consistent treatments and good skin care, you will be able to go longer between your treatments.
How to boost results of Dermaplaning: Add it to a Treatment!
With a fresh layer of skin exposed, this is a perfect time to nourish it with a product packed treatment!
Emily highly recommends the HydraFacial or a Chemical Peel depending on your skin type. These are both product rich treatments that will penetrate the skin more effectively, leaving your skin baby soft and healthy.
Be sure to protect your skin with sunscreen after your treatment. “Always use sunscreen whenever exfoliating,” says Emily. Kovanda offers a wide variety of wonderful sunscreens.
- ZO Medical Oclipse-C Broad-Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 50
- ZO Skin Health Oclipse Daily Sheer Broad-Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 50
- ZO Skin Health Oclipse Sunscreen + Primer Broad-Spectrum SPF 30
- Obagi Medical Tinted Broad-Spectrum SPF 50
Call 612-335-9032 today to book a Dermaplane at $60 per treatment! If you add Dermaplane to a HydraFacial, Facial or Chemical Peel, it is only $30.
Dermaplaning is for all skin types other than those with active acne, eczema, rosacea, or active cold sores.
Blog Written By: Lydia Christianson