Abdominoplasty is a frequently performed plastic surgery procedure that helps men and women get back the toned, tight abs they once enjoyed. The reasons that the body changes in time may be different from one person to another. It could be significant weight loss or pregnancy. Whatever to cause of loosened abdominal muscles, tissue, and skin, the tummy tuck can prove to be a game-changer in the feelings of confidence that you maintain.
At Kovanda Aesthetic Surgery, we find it important to educate patients on the procedure they are considering. The more you know what to expect, the better prepared you are for the outcome that is possible in your case. Additionally, it can help you plan for a smooth recovery process. Here, we will offer a few tips for abdominoplasty recovery that you may not have thought of.
Most people hear their surgeon tell them they will need to rest as much as possible after plastic surgery. But what does this really look like in day to day life?
- Rest may equal sleep, and lots of it.
- Let your body rest by filling your prescription for pain medication prior to your procedure. Take this medication as directed; do not wait for pain to occur.
It is incredibly important to relax while you recover, as this helps speed up the recovery process.
- Have a place in the home that is outfitted with plush pillows and soft blankets. These little luxuries provide the extra TLC you need.
- Arrange for babysitting and pet-sitting services for the week or two following your procedure. You cannot lift anything and certainly do not want little bodies frolicking around yours as you are in recovery. Knowing that kids and pets are under the watchful eye of a reliable caregiver can give you the peace of mind you need to focus on your needs for this short time.
Do not be afraid to ask someone to come stay with you if you don’t already live with someone. This will help with the long-term process as your body heals.
- Have meals prepared by a loved-one. If you must make things easier, prepare easy, healthy meals ahead of time. This way they need only be heated and served to you. But served, you should be!
- Keep your mind occupied on positive thoughts and activities so you do not focus on discomfort, swelling, or your final outcome. Watch movies, listen to music, read your favorite books. If at all possible, do not answer work emails or try to work from home. This is YOUR time.
Abdominoplasty is a straightforward procedure that leads to beautiful results. For more information on the procedure or recovery, schedule a consultation with our experienced team.