Celebrities on Instagram and Hollywood’s hottest stars are all talking about a skin exfoliation treatment called Dermaplaning.
“Dermaplaning is such a quick and easy treatment for anyone,” says Emily Seipel, the aesthetician at Kovanda Plastic Surgery and Aesthetic Institute. “There is no downtime and the benefits of this treatment are amazing.”
The treatment involves swiftly brushing away the top layer of dead skin and peach fuzz. This is done with a sterile scalpel blade.
Dermaplaning is so much more than shaving your face. A standard razor removes only hair. This goes beyond by stripping the barrier of dry skin that prevents your skin from showing its natural glow. Dermaplaning is a great alternative to waxing by avoiding irritation.
Benefits of Dermaplaning
- Allows for better products penetration into lower skin layers and pores
- Removes peach fuzz
- Deeply exfoliates
- Leaves skin feeling smooth
- Gives skin a natural glow
- Improves application of makeup, making it go on more smoothly and evenly
- Fights acne by opening pores that were clogged by dead skin
- Boosts results of other treatments offered at Kovanda Plastic Surgery and Aesthetic Institute
- No downtime with immediate, painless results
- Only takes 15 minutes
Results typically last 4-6 weeks depending on how you care for your skin between treatments. With consistent treatments and good skin care, you will be able to go longer between your dermaplanings.
Call us at 612-335-9032 today to book a Dermaplaning treatment for $60. If you add Dermaplaning to a HydraFacial, Facial or Chemical Peel, it is only $30.