Fat Grafting of the Breasts – Cosmetic Purposes
- Posted on: Oct 30 2013
Many women would like to increase the size and improve the shape of their breasts. Breast implants are a great way of achieving this, though some patients complain about results that are less than stellar. Advances in plastic surgery techniques have been constantly evolving, and it’s no different when it comes to breast augmentation.
Fat grafting is one of the alternatives to traditional breast implants that has been growing in popularity over the years. And with good reason. Fat grafting can achieve much better results than traditional implants that look and feel more realistic.
What is fat grafting?
Also known as fa transfer and microplipoinjection, fat grafting refers to the removal of body fat from one part of the body so that it can be placed into another portion of the body. This relocation of fat serves two purposes: it increases volume in the desired area while achieving aesthetic fat reduction in the donor area.
How does fat grafting work?
Fat grafting uses liposuction in order to remove fat from the donor site. This is usually the abdominal area, the buttocks, or the thighs. Once the fat is extracted, it is injected into the treatment area. It’s similar in some ways to dermal filler treatments.
Fat Grafting and Breast Augmentation
For women who would like to increase their breast size by a cup to a cup-and-a-half, one of the best options out there is fat grafting. It can achieve a number of things that traditional breast augmentation can’t, in fact.
The Advantages of Fat Grafting Over Traditional Implants
There are some key advantages to fat transfer breast augmentation surgery:
- Little to no scarring – The cannula for liposuction and the syringe for fat injection leave very small and practically undetectable marks
- No need for general anesthetic – Fat grafting breast augmentation is an outpatient procedure using only local anesthetic
- Much easier patient recovery – No need for weeks of discomfort and downtime with fat transfer when compared to traditional breast implants
- Breast enhancement and body sculpting – Since patients undergo liposuction, they can lose some pesky fat in a problem area
The Results of Breast Enhancement Through Fat Grafting
There are two key things when it comes to the results of fat grafting breast augmentation:
- Improved appearance of the breasts – Using fat for a relatively small amount of volume enhancement means breasts that look fuller and yet totally natural
- Excellent texture of the breasts – Since fat is used rather than a synthetic implant, the breasts feel natural
Fat Grafting Can Also Enhance Appearance of Traditional Breast Implants
If women have traditional breast implants that look unnatural or are poorly shaped, fat grafting may prove helpful for improving those results. By using careful fat transfer, a surgeon can mask the look of breast implants, making a patient’s breasts appear much more natural and increasing patient satisfaction in the process.
Find Out More About Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation
To learn more about different fat grafting applications, other breast enhancement surgery methods, and the many other great options out there for enhancing your appearance, be sure to contact our plastic surgery center serving Minneapolis today. Our entire team here looks forward to meeting you in person and helping you achieve the best possible aesthetic results.
Posted in: Blog