Restylane® injectable gel is a cosmetic “filler” that contains hyaluronic acid (HA), a natural substance that is found in all living organisms. Hyaluronic acid binds to water in the tissue, allowing for more volume and elasticity to that area in the body. As we get older, and our body ages, levels of hyaluronic acid within the body decreases. This limits the binding of water ultimately resulting in loose skin and increased wrinkling. Restylane injections can combat this natural aging process with simple and quick treatments. Once our team injects restylane gel, it plumps the skin beneath lines and wrinkles, smoothing them out and making them less noticeable.
Common Areas for Restylane Injection
The most common areas for Restylane treatment are the following:
- Glabellar lines: Lines and wrinkles found between the eyebrows
- Nasolabial folds: Lines and wrinkles that run from the sides of the nose to the corners of the mouth
- Lip border, allowing for fuller and more defined lips.
Advantages Of Restylane
Restylane injections have many advantages. Aside from making your skin appear younger and look smoother, there are many health benefits as well. These include the following:
- No animal product: Our potential patients do not have to worry about potential allergy problems, eliminating the necessity of allergy testing all together.
- Quick in-office treatment: Our patients are seen by our highly skilled aesthetician to begin treatment. In less than half an our, Restylane hylauronic acid injections are administered to the problem area.
- No downtime: Once treatment is completed, our patients are able to go back to work with no downtime.
Side Effects Of Restylane
The most common side effects of Restylane injectable gel can include swelling, redness, pain, bruising and tenderness in and around the injection sites. These side effects typically go away within a week.
How Long Do Results Last?
Our patients experience results that can last for up to 6 months, allowing the very safe and natural hyaluronic acid to reabsorb into the body.
Schedule A Consultation
If you’d like to discuss Restylane®, schedule an appointment with our office today at (612) 335-9032. At your consultation, our nurse will take their time and address all of your questions. It is important to us that we are able to have his patients leave feeling secure in their decision of treatment.